IOWA SWCS EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE
The Iowa Chapter Soil and Water Conservation Society is governed by an Executive Committee of 11 positions elected by the membership at the Fall Meeting: the Chapter President, President Elect, Past President, Secretary, Treasurer, Membership Chair and five Area Chairpersons.
ELECTED BOARD MEMBERS
- Mary Beth Stevenson, President, City of Cedar Rapids
- Josh Balk, President Elect and Student Chapter Liaison, Iowa Department of Natural Resources
- Steve Konrady, Past President, Iowa Department of Natural Resources
- Greg Townley, Secretary, USDA NRCS
- Anna Golightly, Treasurer, Madison County SWCD
- Clare Lindahl, Membership Chair, Soil and Water Conservation Society Headquarters
- Heidi Ackerman, Central Area Chair, Iowa State University
- Vacant, Northeast Area Chair
- Dan Paulsen, Northwest Area Chair, USDA NRCS
- Anshu Singh, Southeast Area Chair, Western Illinois University
- Jon Tesdell, Southwest Area Chair, USDA NRCS
The Iowa Soil and Water Conservation Society operates under the guidance of the Iowa Chapter SWCS Handbook.
Download the Iowa Chapter SWCS Handbook.
Area Chairpersons are encouraged to conduct a membership or educational activity in their area. Interested chairpersons can simply make a request to the board in advance of the activity. Examples of activities that might qualify include:
- Activities related directly to recruiting new members such as having a recruitment booth at a local conference, expo or like event.
- Activities related to providing educational and technical information to members, bringing visibility to the organization and recruiting other professionals in the field to become members such as workshops, seminars, tours, etc.
- Activities related to networking and recruiting new members such as hosting a casual, social activity