2018 EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE
The Iowa Chapter Soil and Water Conservation Society is governed by an Executive Committee of 11 positions elected by the membership at the Fall Meeting: the Chapter President, President Elect, Past President, Secretary, Treasurer, Membership Chair and five Area Chairpersons.
- Anna GoLightly, President, email@example.com
- Heidi Ackerman, President Elect, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Clare Lindahl, Past President and Membership Chair, email@example.com
- Holly Giombi, Secretary, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Alan Lauver, Treasurer, email@example.com
- Larry Beeler, Central Area Chair, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Olivia LaGrange, Southwest Area Chair, email@example.com
- Josh Balk, Northeast Area Chair, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lee Gravel, Northwest Area Chair, email@example.com
- Vacant, Southeast Area Chair
- Mark Tomer, Student Chapter Liaison, firstname.lastname@example.org
The Iowa Soil and Water Conservation Society operates under the guidance of the Iowa Chapter SWCS Handbook.
Area Chairpersons are encouraged to conduct a membership or educational activity in their area. Interested chairpersons can simply make a request to the board in advance of the activity. Examples of activities that might qualify include:
- Activities related directly to recruiting new members such as having a recruitment booth at a local conference, expo or like event.
- Activities related to providing educational and technical information to members, bringing visibility to the organization and recruiting other professionals in the field to become members such as workshops, seminars, tours, etc.
- Activities related to networking and recruiting new members such as hosting a casual, social activity