“From every conceivable angle – economic, social, cultural, public health, national defense – conservation of natural resources is an objective on which we all should agree.” – Hugh Hammond Bennett
The Iowa Soil and Water Conservation Society (IASWCS) depends on memberships to continue its work. IASWCS is the nation’s largest chapter! Be part of the conservation community!
Members of the Iowa Soil and Water Conservation Society receive local and national benefits including:
- Effective representation in policy circles on environmental, agricultural, and conservation issues.
- Opportunities to network with and learn from professionals from many disciplines through local, regional, and international meetings.
- Interaction and education through local chapter membership in the United States and Canada.
- Journal of Soil and Water Conservation, a multidisciplinary journal of practice, policy, and perspectives.
- Conservogram, a monthly e-newsletter of Society and chapter news and networking opportunities
- Conservation NewsBriefs, a weekly e-newsletter with the latest media coverage of soil and water conservation research and policy.
- Discount on books and conference or workshop registration fees.
- Conservationist: $115
- Gift Membership for new Iowa member: $25
- Student: $40
- Must be full-time students taking 12 credits/semester to qualify for student rate.
- Soil and Water Conservation District: $140
- Leader: $180
- President’s Club: $275
For only $25 you can introduce a friend to the benefits of membership by giving them a yearlong membership. This offer is only available as a gift from an existing member to a first time member. Your $25 gift will be will help your friend realize the value of professional education, networking opportunities and all the other great benefits you enjoy with a Soil and Water Conservation Society membership!
The Iowa Chapter of the Soil and Water Conservation Society invites you and your organization to join us in our mission to advance soil, water, and related natural resource conservation to achieve sustainability. We believe that by partnering with other organizations who share our passion, we can work together to practice and promote an ethic that recognizes the interdependence of people and their environment.
Through your sponsorship, together we will continue the effort to ensure the long-term sustainability of our nation’s soil and water resources. Iowa SWCS Chapter accepts sponsorships from businesses, NGOs, and government agencies. Sponsors must align with the mission of SWCS.
In addition to national benefits, you will receive the following benefits through the Iowa Chapter:
- have their logo placed on the SWCS website with a link to their homepage.
- be listed as a sponsor in each regular chapter newsletter.
- be introduced as a SWCS sponsor to the entire Iowa membership through an individual email sent from the SWCS Chapter. The content for this email will be provided by the sponsor.
- two free registrations to the next Annual Meeting.
For more information contact any Iowa Chapter Board Member here for details.
JOIN OR RENEW MEMBERSHIP
Click the links below to join or renew your membership online or by mail. Employees of the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) can have their membership deducted directly from their paycheck.
- Click here to login to your account, reset your password and renew
- Click here to join online or download a form to print and join by mail to SWCS, 945 SW Ankeny Road, Ankeny, Iowa 50023 or join by fax at 515.289.1227
- Call 1-800-THE-SOIL
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for information on joining or additional support
- Click here to have your membership deducted directly from your paycheck * USDA employees only *