IOWA SWCS EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE
The Iowa Chapter Soil and Water Conservation Society is governed by an Executive Committee of 11 positions elected by the membership at the Fall Meeting: the Chapter President, President Elect, Past President, Secretary, Treasurer, Membership Chair and five Area Chairpersons.
ELECTED BOARD MEMBERS
- Steve Konrady, President, Iowa Department of Natural Resources
- Mary Beth Stevenson, President Elect, City of Cedar Rapids
- Hanna Bates, Past President, Iowa Water Center
- Clare Lindahl, Membership Chair, Soil and Water Conservation Society Headquarters
- Greg Townley, Secretary, USDA NRCS
- Anna Golightly, Treasurer, Madison County SWCD
- Alan Lauver, Assistant Treasurer, USDA NRCS
- Heidi Ackerman, Central Area Chair, Iowa State University
- Olivia LaGrange, Southeast Area Chair, Stanley Consultants
- Josh Balk, Northeast Area Chair and Student Chapter Liaison, Iowa Department of Natural Resources
- Vacant, Northwest Area Chair
- Jon Tesdell, Southwest Area Chair, USDA NRCS
ADVISORY POSITIONS APPOINTED BY THE BOARD (NON VOTING)
- Sarah Ham, Social Media Chair, USDA NRCS
The Iowa Soil and Water Conservation Society operates under the guidance of the Iowa Chapter SWCS Handbook.
Area Chairpersons are encouraged to conduct a membership or educational activity in their area. Interested chairpersons can simply make a request to the board in advance of the activity. Examples of activities that might qualify include:
- Activities related directly to recruiting new members such as having a recruitment booth at a local conference, expo or like event.
- Activities related to providing educational and technical information to members, bringing visibility to the organization and recruiting other professionals in the field to become members such as workshops, seminars, tours, etc.
- Activities related to networking and recruiting new members such as hosting a casual, social activity