“We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.” – Unknown
The Iowa Soil and Water Conservation Society is offering two memorial scholarships, each $1,000 awards.
These scholarships are in memory of David L Schnur, Newman Lyle and Krsnak-Runyan-Ward.
These scholarships seek to provide financial aide to a student in need of economic assistance and pursing a career in soil and water conservation or natural resources.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be a resident of Iowa
- Be employed in a natural resources related field in Iowa for a minimum of one year or have completed a full year of post-high course work in a natural resources related field.
- Have demonstrated integrity, ability and competence in their work.
- Possess skills gained through training or experiences.
- Be enrolled in the upcoming fall term.
First priority will be giving to applicants pursing a full-time degree while attending school on a full-time basis. Second priority will be given to applicants doing single or multiple course work toward a degree while attending school part-time. Priority is also given to members of Iowa SWCS.
- Applications must be postmarked on or before June 30
- Submit completed applications to: Olivia LaGrange, at Olivia.LaGrange@ia.nacdnet.net
- For more information contact Olivia LaGrange at 319.653.6654 or Olivia.LaGrange@ia.nacdnet.net