2021 ACTIVITIES CALENDAR
SAVE THE DATE!
Activities may be impacted by COVID-19.
- APRIL 6 – 8: Virtual Iowa Water Conference, Building Resilience for Water and People, Visit SWCS’s Booth
- APRIL 15: Soil and Water Conservation Society founder Hugh Hammond Bennett’s Birthday!
- JUNE: Iowa Chapter SWCS Summer Meeting, Central Iowa
- JUNE 30: Iowa Chapter SWCS Scholarship Applications Due
- JULY 25 – 31: RAGBRAI XLVIII (Iowa Chapter SWCS provides water and bananas, and promotes conservation with partners during RAGBRAI)
- JULY 26 – 28: 76th SWCS International Annual Conference, One World, Connected through Conservation, Virtual Event
- AUGUST 1: Friend of Conservation Award Nominations Due
- SEPTEMBER/OCTOBER: Iowa Chapter SWCS Annual Meeting, SE Iowa
ANNUAL ACTIVITIES & OPPORTUNITIES:
- BOARD MEETINGS/CALLS: Face-to-face board meeting in December (first board meeting after Annual Meeting), then conference calls held every other month.
- SUMMER MEETING: Held in June, rotates through Areas (NW, SW, Central, SE, NE)
- ANNUAL MEETING: Held in September/October in the Central Area
- CHAPTER NEWSLETTERS: Quarterly
- CHAPTER LUNCH AND LEARN WEBINARS: Throughout the year
- CAREER DEVELOPMENT GRANT: Accepted throughout year on an ongoing basis, provides members an opportunity to apply for up to $500 to attend an activity that strengthens their abilities as a soil and water conservation professional