“We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.” – Unknown
The Iowa Soil and Water Conservation Society is offering two memorial scholarships, each $1,000 awards.
These scholarships are in memory of David L Schnur, Newman Lyle and Krsnak-Runyan-Ward.
These scholarships seek to provide financial aide to a student in need of economic assistance and pursing a career in soil and water conservation or natural resources.
Click here to help us promote Iowa’s Soil and Water Conservation Society Scholarship with our new promotional flyer!
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be a resident of Iowa.
- Have completed a full year of college coursework in a natural resources related field; OR be employed in a natural resources related field in Iowa for a minimum of one year.
- Have demonstrated integrity, ability and competence in their work.
- Possess skills gained through training or experiences.
- Be enrolled in the upcoming fall term.
First priority will be giving to applicants pursing a full-time degree while attending school on a full-time basis. Second priority will be given to applicants doing single or multiple course work toward a degree while attending school part-time. Priority is also given to members of Iowa SWCS.
Click here to download the Scholarship Application
- Applications must be postmarked on or before June 30
- Submit completed applications to: Olivia LaGrange, at Onlagrange@gmail.com
- For more information contact Olivia LaGrange at 319-981-3586 or Onlagrange@gmail.com
Click here to link to scholarship opportunities with the National SWCS.